Friday, August 17, 2007

Excited



Mummy papa land here in 40 minutes! We're off to the airport as soon as everyone is cleaned up and ready to go! There was some snafu with their seats and I'm hoping they got somewhat decent ones assigned at the airport. They're not carrying a cell phone so we couldn't ask.

I have been cleaning the house pretty much since morning. The last weekend was spent for work so the house wasn't nearly as clean as I'd like.

I'm ready to talk about last week now. I got a lot of appreciation for the work last week. And an out of turn bonus!! I wasn't expecting anything beyond making my co-working whom I substituted for (T), happy. T is extremely thankful as he was able to take his first vacation of the year, and is taking me out to lunch once he gets back from vacation. He said he wouldn't check his email on his vacation, but he did, just to know what happened last week! The work I did was originally assigned to him. He couldn't finish in time because of some scheduling error on someone else's part. I stepped up and took over his entire work (much of which was new to me, which explains 88 hours in my timesheet for the week). What can I say, I like challenges (LOL!) It turned out to be a bigger challenge when the machine he had configured was discovered to be throwing erros on something that was important for the work. It wasn't a matter of mere backup/recovery. That stuff hadn't worked in forever! We (I had help!) configured a brand new machine, got everything configured all over again, and finished in time for the customer demo. Everyone was pleased as demo went very well.

Best of all, I got to learn a bunch of new things, I got a compensatory off whenever I wanted (TODAY). Plus, a nice bonus just for this :) Sweet! On top of this, my coworker thinks the world of me if his email is any indication :) I'm such a people pleaser LOL!

I'm off to get M out of the bath and do something with my hair. 30 minutes to go!

No comments: