Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Olympic Start





The center design and the borders done so far are all from My Aunt's Attic. I had downloaded a bunch of designs from them and decided to make up a sampler for it. I graphed an approximate design outline just to get an idea of the size and then started it while watching the opening ceremony. I cut the fabric to 25"x25" with design area of 18"x18". About midway through the center design, I had the bright idea of adding a set of borders as a 'platform' on which the vase is sitting. Once I stitched a bunch borders, I wanted 'steps' instead of the flat platform. So, as you can see, I'm making it up as I go ;) The leaves border is the bottom stair. I might add another row under it. The design is completely different from the original I had planned but that's the fun part! So far, I've added a smaller vase on the bottom step on left side and will do the same on the right. This picture is from a few days ago. I don't know what will be next but I'm sure it will come to me. Hopefully.

Any ideas on the name? I'm adding all garden elements. Serenity Garden...A Garden Walk...??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great start, it's lovely!

And thanks for the information on the holiday. :)