Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nails



I have a love-hate relationship with my nails. I love the when they're properly shaped and looking nice. I don't like the grooming part, but I like the look. So I procrastinate until they become insanely long and start getting into things. Then I cut and file them. I tell them to stay nice for a month. They never listen and start growing the next moment. Sigh.

They grow too fast. Do you have that problem? A co-worker keeps telling me they're really nice and that her nails don't grow and that I should exchange them with hers. I'm happy to do that if she could tell me how to do it.

2 weeks ago we were at the mall (Fair Oaks, if you must know) and there was this guy at a stall. He called us as we were passing by and asked me to show him my nails. I hid them, naturally. Thinking how'd he know that I hadn't cut them in more than a month? Reminded me of school assembly time, really, when we had to show the PT teacher our nails so she could make sure we weren't into vanity. Anyhow, upon his insistence I showed him a nail. So he worked his magic and what resulted was pure euphoria! I have never seen my nail so Glossy! And smooth as silk. They're naturally pink but this seemed to bring the color out some more. Ofcourse I gave him the outrageous price to get my hands on the magic potion (ok, nail buffer. Does it matter?)


You want to hear the kicker? He assured me that this will last atleast a month. If not more. I wouldn't have to buff before a month. I'm looking at my nails 2 weeks later. They have frikin' grown out of it already. Sigh. I can't win. Atleast they looked nice for 2 weeks.

Oh, and I have been warned by the above mentioned coworker that my nails would fall off by using this. She was warned by her friend. They're kids just out of college and would believe anything ;) Frankly, if the nails fall off, that'd put me out of misery. I'm willing to take that chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No my nails don't grow worth a hoot. They are awful! I wish I could find something to make them grow nice and long. As an aside, my BIL lives right near Fair Oaks, off of Fox Mill Rd. - small world!! Suz