Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Status of Running



So, I have mentioned here that I can run/walk 5 miles now. I didn't say how long it takes me but what's the point in hiding that number? I'm not a seasoned runner. I have never been a runner. I started running more seriously in the beginning of this year and one of my resolutions was to run 5 kilometers i.e. 3.1 miles. I can do that now, even though I still walk inbetween, but I'm assured by a fellow runner that many people do marathons this way. I find that walking every 5 minutes or so lets me recharge a bit and keep going.

It takes me 75 minutes to run 5 miles distance. Oh, and another fact that I have not mentioned here is that I now own a Treadmill! This one right here This is why I am able to spend so much time running. Earlier I used to run in my lunch time at the gym at work. The whole process of changing/exercising/showering used to take 45 minutes and exercise was only 25 minutes. This is so much better! I can watch Mehul while running and I have the TV in front of me with my favorite food network/HGTV show on. What more could I want? LOL! Maybe a DVR! (DH, listening??)

Back to the running. Now I have to find a Marathon (smallest one possible) and run it. Looks like I'll be running the 5K that's happening near my place. I am paranoid about giving out the date and the race, etc. so I'll update after it's done ;) Hopefully I'll have some pictures too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo girl! You want to run a marathon already! How about we find a 10k (6.2 miles) and then a half marathon (13.1 miles) before you attempt your marathon (26.2 miles). I have no interest in running a marathon because it takes huge commitments training for one and it is as much mental as physical.

Anonymous said...

That's great! U a marathon runner!! Really unbelievable...Good Luck!!

It's good to have a treadmill at home. I am planning to buy one, as soon as I figure where I can actually keep it.

Anonymous said...

Jenni, that's the plan! I'll run the 5K that's upcoming first, then a 6 miler and then the half marathon. I'm expecting it will take me another year to be in good enough shape for the half marathon, which is perfectly ok with me. I might even make it ;) LOL!
Full marathon is a dream at this point. We shall see.