Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mehul's Birthday Photobook



So I got an offer from Shutterfly 2 days ago to create an 8x8 inch photo book and get another one free. As some of you might know, I had created Mehul's first birthday album pages already. I had been reading about this photo book concept and really liked the fact that it was cheaper and much more durable because of being in a book format. I was thinking of going with full 12x12 format but that's HUGE for a book. So I had almost decided on getting an 8x8 book made. And then I got this offer. So I took the plunge and resized my pages the last two nights, uploaded them and ordered! Offer expired yesterday at midnight so I had to finish it yesterday. No procrastinating. Now it's done done done.
If you're curious, I've shared the photobook and you can check it out by clicking here.


I deliberately did not use the mirror images of the layouts on facing pages, but kept the similar angles. I like it better this way. I hope it'll look ok in the book as I only had a traditional scrapbook in mind when I did the pages.

I haven't been running faithfully as my hobbies are keeping me very much occupied these days. We had someone dig out some space in the backyard for making a herb garden. It's more like a furrow but whatever. I love it. Yesterday we went and bought a few packs of the gardening soil. Today it's a bit chilly again but by the weekend, we should have the seedlings planted outside. I don't know if there are many squirrels here, guess I'll find out! I'm also reading Nora Roberts Garden Trilogy at the moment, so it all flows together ;)

I also joined another CT - Lisa Whitney. Here's a link to her store at ScrapArtist! Woohhoo! I LOVE her designs and buy them all the time. So cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Shalini, it is absolutely wonderful! If you posted all the pages previously, I had not seen them. That book is going to totally rock! Let me know what you think of it when it arrives. And I think erfect mirror images on facing pages would have been boring. "Real" books don't work like that, so why should this one? It is great just like it is!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erin! I hadn't posted all the pages here. I was still looking for a good way to share them, this is perfect!

My most favorite part is the cover. It's not cluttered and red is my favorite color these days :)

I'll let you know when the book arrives, it has been shipped today!