Thursday, June 28, 2007

Morning Craziness



We overslept this morning. Wake up at 7:45 instead of 6:45AM. Everyone rushes to get showered and dressed as fast as humanly possible. Mehul skips shower. He doesn't like it anyway. I have a daily conference call at 9AM that I generally take in the car. DH remembers *he* has a meeting at 10 and we will certainly be late. Since we've sold my car (yay! I'm getting a new one soon), we have to carpool. No time for breakfast he determines. I toss a package of cheese and crackers towards Mehul and off we go.

We drop M at the daycare at 8:30 and reach my office at 9, promptly in time for my conference call. Something is wrong. The traffic light isn't working. There is no electricity in the area! The building has a generator but that can only support the lights, elevator, etc. Our servers are on battery power for a while but LAN is down. Wireless network in the company isn't working either. How long will my laptop battery last? It will be a couple of hours before power is restored. We finish the conference call in which it is determined that I have to finish something urgently in order for the rest of the team to continue testing. Great.

They ask me to go home! Yay! Except, I don't have the car. Carpooling, remember? A colleague offers to drop me home on the way to his home. Perfect. I reach home and call DH. He says his meeting is in 5 minutes. LOL! I went to work and came back and his call hasn't started yet? We should have had that breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate days like that! It always throws everything off. I feel bad for your DH, though! LOL