Wednesday, November 15, 2006

This one's for Erin



She has found a deer in the city she lives in. Reminded me of the excitement I had over 5 years ago, when I first spotted a Deer family standing on the side of the road. See, I'm from Delhi. I am used to seeing cows and buffaloes on the roadside, not deer! So, I screamed with excitement. Now, living on the outskirts of DC for more than 5 years, I am used to seeing them and do not scream. But, it's still exciting to this day.

Oh yes, you can spot Deer Crossing signs all over here. And sadly, you can also see dead deer on the roadside sometimes. They usually come out in the night when the traffic slows down, and I have been told that they appear out of nowhere. All you see are two brightly reflecting eyes.

I took this picture from my kitchen sliding door. The driveway you see in the picture is our next door neighbor's. They (The Deer. Neighbors haven't moved in yet) visit us everyday.



I'm feeling really crummy about a situation. I can't help but feel sorry. Sigh. Hopefully, all will be well by tomorrow when I am able to do what I want to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool! I definitely would have squeeled with delight had I seen such a thing. In my case, though, I was just praying "please don't run out in front of me now that you are safely across the street!!" LOL

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pic! If I had seen the deer, I would have screamed & shouted......Yep, what a delight!!