Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Anniversary Gift



This is what I gave him this morning. He LOVES it. It's going in the MBR. I had made the layout 11x14 size but this frame only had 10x13 opening. I *love* the way it turned out.



This isn't the first poster I've done though. I did this one ages ago. Love that photo :)


We had decided to go to Flat Top Grill for lunch. It is located near my previous office in Arlington. They have this buffet with rice, noodles, etc, and uncooked veggies, meats, and sauces. You load your bowl with everything you want and they'll cook it for you the way you want. They even have a special area to cook vegetarian stuff (a luxary for me!). I had been there multiple times when I was working there and I just LOVE it. Girish hasn't been so I wanted to take him there. Well, we started late from home because we weren't particularly hungry at lunchtime. We had a late leisurely breakfast and then I soaked in the tub for about 1 hour. Ahhh. Anyhow, we got there and found out that they closed down 2 weeks ago!! I was very dissappointed. It's place has been taken by some Ali Baba Restaurant. The new owner tried to convince me to eat there! LOL! I got out without looking too disappointed I think. I'm sure he's having a hard time getting customers.

So we drove around the entire town trying to get to the next priority - P F Changs. The food was really good but I'm still bummed about Flat Top. There is no other location in this area.

And then it was time to get Mehul from the daycare so no movie today. Maybe this weekend if there is any good one. Maybe not. We have the monthly GTG on Saturday.

I'll answer the questions in the previous entry tomorrow! Thanks for participating :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful gift. Loved the frame too much!! Good job!
Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

You are such an incredible artist! Wow!

Anonymous said...

It is lovely Shalini! Happy Anniversary! I guess I didn't realize I had been married so much longer than you, with our ages and children being so close. It will be 9 years for us in July (EEK!!). Then again, I did "marry young" (21; three weeks shy of 22).