Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's official, I'm addicted



Addicted to my laptop, that is! Hubby has been saying it for a long time, but now I'm starting to believe him. I almost never do anything without having the laptop within hand's reach. When I cook, it's on the kitchen island. When I clean, I try to finish it fast so that I can get back to scrapping or surfing. I hardly watch an entire episode without doing something on the computer while commercials are on. I logon as soon as I come down in the morning (only weekends, though). Toothbrush, washing face, brushing hair is all done upstairs. If it was done downstairs, I'd do it *after* checking email ;) One rule I do have is that laptop doesn't go upstairs. Or I'll sleep very late.

Today, we had some friends over. While they were here, I thought (more than a couple of times) I have to check my email. Believe me, I was having fun conversations, but I still wanted to just check the email and pop into the gallery at DST once. I had posted a LO today (as I do just about every other day) and it's always nice to read the comments :)) See, while writing this entry, I opened the gallery to see the comments. Sigh.

Scary thing is I was doing the same on dialup. Speed does not deter me! Oh, and I'm not always on the net either. I scrap.

Yes, I have a problem. And that's the first step to making it right, correct? LOL! I will try to limit my computer time at home because I can't limit it at work. It's just...wrong.

Now I'm going to switch it off. It's 11PM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's going to be me when I get a laptop one day! it's bad enough DH says I'm tied to the desktop - can't wait for the mobility of a laptop!